Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Get your Gourmet Meal Fix at Almon Marina

Almon Marina isn't exactly new in the resto scene.  In fact, it's been servicing their loyal customers for more than a decade now. 

Serving one of the best gourmet pastas and sandwiches (in my opinion anyway) in the Metro, mom and I would never have guessed that eating dinner at their branch in Megamall one dreary Friday night, would have us be turned into firm believers of this classy establishment.


Our ultimate favorite is their Pastalicious Combo of pasta, lite sandwich and fresh garden salad.  Comes with their own iced tea concoction, this hearty meal is offered for only Php200.


One is offered a choice of type of pasta (either puttanesca, alfredo or bolognese) and sandwich (chicken, tuna, roast pork or beef).  Personally I prefer either the alfredo or bolognese.  This meal may look lite, but believe me it's big enough to fill your growling tummies. 

There are, however, a few inconsistencies I've noticed:

1. I am definitely not a fan of their peach iced tea.  Although this is based on personal preferences.  My mom, however, loves it.  So as I said, it's just a matter of taste.


2. Depending on the branch, there are a few inconsistencies with the pasta.  I order either the alfredo or bolognese and at times find the sauce lacking while in other occasions find their flavors just right.  Maybe this is something Almon Marina should look into.  =)

3. Almon Marina offers a small dish of parmesan cheese for an additional Php21. I know parmesan cheese is a little expensive, but with the price of a meal, I still believe this should be given free and complimentary.  Not everyone likes this cheese anyway.

Regardless of these minor inconsistencies, Almon Marina still remains one of our fave restos.  =)

Visit their website for a complete list of the branches.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SG | An Aerial View of Sentosa Island

Sentosa is a well-known island resort in Singapore. They're quite famous for their expensive luxury landed properties, exquisite hotel...