Friday, February 25, 2011

BOOK REVIEW: My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares

Having a lot of free time nowadays has been such a blessing at times.  For one thing, I've started reading again, a lot.  And I do mean A LOT.  I get to finish a single book, on average, around 2 to 3 days.  Hence, my new inspiration to write reviews on books I've read, whether those recently published or not.

Which brings me to today's entry -- My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares.

My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares (Source: Amazon.com)

Trying her hand in writing adult fiction, Ann Brashares of the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants series, writes about Daniel, who has lived many lives and is strangely drawn to reincarnations of Sophia, his first and only love.

Living in modern times, he again encounters her.  Only now her name is Lucy and she has no recollection whatsoever of Daniel, much less her feelings for him in the years past.  (Read the whole book summary at Amazon.com)

I loved this book.  Needless to say, I could not put this down and surprisingly finished it in a day.  I'm not much of a romance cum science fiction fan, but this book definitely changed my perception of the genre.

My only qualms, however, was that the final chapters left me really hanging.  So much so that I immediately went online and tried searching for the possibility of it being a series.  Good thing too, as I came across an interview with the author who DID confirm she has plans of creating a follow-up to the initial offering.  Yey!  I'll definitely be the first in line once the second book comes out! 

Pick up a copy of My Name is Memory; and fall in love over and over again.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

SG | An Aerial View of Sentosa Island

Sentosa is a well-known island resort in Singapore. They're quite famous for their expensive luxury landed properties, exquisite hotel...