Monday, November 21, 2011

GPB11: The Yellow Ribbon Movement

NOTE:  The Global Pinoy Bazaar 2011 (GPB11) series is a number of posts regarding merchants and sellers; and their unique and unusual creations, of which I had the utmost pleasure of discovering at Yabang Pinoy's Global Pinoy Bazaar 2011 (read a short introduction of my bazaar experience here.)  J

Ever notice how there is such a major emergence of "nationalistic" merchandise in the market nowadays?  Rizal wearing shades, Philippine colors on every shirt, etc. 

Don't get me wrong, though.  It's actually quite refreshing to see local varieties instead of those dang fangled "I love insert name of city not in the Philippines" shirts.

And of course you can expect one such organization to join the Global Pinoy Bazaar.

Watch from the Yellow Ribbon Movement

The Yellow Ribbon Movement is a non-profit organization that aims to remind the people of good governance.  As the manong (old man) on duty mentioned, it's actually headed by a tita (aunt) of Pnoy (Cojuangco side) who was also responsible for our beloved president's campaign materials during election season.

Whether the merchandise (and there was a huge selection -- pens, paper, clock, ID straps, etc. mostly bearing the Aquino's signature yellow) are remnants of Pnoy's campaign, I'll never know.  Nevertheless, I still scored this very nice watch which I got for only Php200J

My Philippine watch

A nice way to show your Philippine heritage, right?  J

3 comments:

  1. nice watch! is it still available?

    visiting u here.. i hope u can visit my blogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tsinoy Foodies: I'll actually be giving this out as a gift. Hehehe! =)

    @reyapot: I guess so. There were still a lot that time. =)

    ReplyDelete

SG | An Aerial View of Sentosa Island

Sentosa is a well-known island resort in Singapore. They're quite famous for their expensive luxury landed properties, exquisite hotel...