Thursday, November 24, 2011

GPB11: The Ones that Got Away

NOTE:  The Global Pinoy Bazaar 2011 (GPB11) series is a number of posts regarding merchants and sellers; and their unique and unusual creations, of which I had the utmost pleasure of discovering at Yabang Pinoy's Global Pinoy Bazaar 2011 (read a short introduction of my bazaar experience here.)  J

SunnyToast described it best that tiangges leave you with empty wallets.  And I couldn't agree more.  J

And so as expected, there were a number of things I found really at interesting the Global Pinoy Bazaar 2011 but was not able to purchase due to financial constraints.

Global Pinoy Bazaar 2011

Kate Bakes' Double Chocolate Chip Cookie

To be honest, I would never have noticed Kate Bakes if it were not for the urging of Gail Ang, the creative culinary master of Simply Pie who was their booth neighbor at the Global Pinoy Bazaar

And no.  It was not because of anything unusual.  I was just not craving for sweets that time.  But with the urging of Ms. Ang, I had a taste of Kate Bakes' Double Chocolate Chip cookie and knew I had to get out of there pronto lest I turn into a sweet tooth fiend again (and believe me.  It's not a pretty sight.  J)

Double Chocolate Chip cookie
(photo taken from the Kate Bakes facebook page)

There is a reason why I love Cookie Monster so much.  It's because we also share the same affinity for delicious cookies, and Kate Bakes has this down pat!

Their Double Chocolate Chip cookie is made from Belgian chocolate (yes, folks!  You read it right).  It's chewy and fudgey and oh-so-chocolately!  Yumyumyumyumyum!

Punchdrunk Panda's laptop sleeves and camera straps

I've been a fan of Punchdrunk Panda ever since reading a feature on them in Entrepreneur magazine.  I love their unique doodles and was quite happy to find that they had a Php200 laptop sleeve bin at the Global Pinoy Bazaar.  But alas, it was not meant to be as there were no more sizes available for my teeny netbook.  Tsk!

Aside from the creative doodles, the design of their laptop sleeves itself is one to be commended,  Unlike other sleeves that simply slip on over your lappies, theirs makes use of zipper enclousures and open up (clam-like) when need be.  Just perfect for cushioning your babies and serving as a laptop skin of sorts as well.

Coffee Land laptop sleeve (Php1,001 - on sale price)
(photo taken from the Punchdrunk Panda website)

Aside from their laptop sleeves, I'm also loving their camera straps (Php595)

Streets of Manila camera strap

A great replacement for those black, drab DSLR camera straps, don't you think?  J

Quiddity Arts & Travel

I keep a notebook by me always, most especially when I venture out.  When the urge to write down something comes, it's simply an itch that you have to scratch and I find that notebooks keep me organized and sane.  What with all the other things you have to keep track of, jotting them down is a good way to make sure you don't forget anything important.

For those looking for unusual writing or doodling pads, Quiddity Arts & Travel may just offer the solution you need with their Bitter Critters line of notepads.

Bitter Critters
(photo from the Quiddity Arts & Travel FB page)

A notepad to represent your hidden alterego.  How cool is that?  J

I'm gonna love you, and hug you, and call you George(tte)
(photo from the Quiddity Arts & Travel FB page)

Bitter Critter pads sell for Php180 to 300 depending on the design and size.

***

Kate Bakes
kb_katebakes@yahoo.com
www.facebook.com/people/Kate-Bakes/100001664416302#!/profile.php?id=100001664416302

Punchdrunk Panda
jen.horn@punchdrunk panda.com
www.punchdrunkpanda.com

Quidditty Arts & Travel
quidditymail@gmail.com
www.quiddityonline.multiply.com
www.facebook.com/quiddityonline

No comments:

Post a Comment

SG | An Aerial View of Sentosa Island

Sentosa is a well-known island resort in Singapore. They're quite famous for their expensive luxury landed properties, exquisite hotel...