Wednesday, November 16, 2011

GPB11: Buffala Milk Soap from Kalamilksoap Enterprise

NOTE:  The Global Pinoy Bazaar 2011 (GPB11) series isa number of posts regarding merchants and sellers; and their unique and unusual creations, of which I had the utmost pleasure of discovering at Yabang Pinoy's Global Pinoy Bazaar 2011 (read a short introduction of my bazaar experience here.)  J

My very first fashion magazine was a U.S. edition, commemorable 50th Anniververy issue of Seventeen.  A hand-me-down from a US-based tita (aunt) who was an avid subscriber then.  I was only 10 years old that time and I remember loving the pictures and the articles so much that I later on became a fan of it myself.

One of the articles in that particular issue was about how to keep skin healthy and glowing by use of natural ingredients.  And one of the tips mentioned was to add milk in your bath. 

That particular tip stayed on with me for years and you bet a portion of my very first paycheck went to a purchase of Johnson & Johnson milk bath wash.  Cheap I know, but I considered it a luxury back then.  J

I guess I've never really gotten used to liquid soap for I did outgrow my J&J brand, opting instead for the hard feel of its more solid counterpart.  But rarely could I find solid soaps that left me with that smooth, gentle feel as a milk bath wash ever did.

That is until now...

Buffala milk soap from Kalamilksoap Enterprises

One of my purchases from the Global Pinoy Bazaar included this organic soap form Kalamilksoap Enterprises.  Known as Buffala milk soap (Php100), this product is actually made from carabao's (water buffalo) milk infused with fruit extracts, oatmeal and essential oils.

Lavender+oats buffala milk soap

I love how natural it smells and the feel of it on my skin.  So smooth and silky.  So luxurious!

There is one thing I'm concerned about, though.  It dissolves rather quickly if left on a wet soap dish, although easily remedied with a cover.  (NOTE: Received word from Kalamilksoap Enterprises that this is due to the fact that they do not use chemical hardeners on their products.  It's a good thing, then.)  J

The line also comes in chamomile, tea oil, citronella oil, peppermint, eucalyptus and many others.  A great gift for your family and friends who love organic bath soaps.

***

For more information on Kalamilksoap Enterprise and their products, please visit their website at www.kalamilksoap.com.

6 comments:

  1. I love organic bath soaps! :) I actually just finished a bar of tea tree and a bar of oatmeal soap.. And I noticed that organic soaps melts easily on when left damp on a soap dish.. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shopping for soaps. I have found my perfect match now -- a sulfur soap. Made my pimples go away. :)

    Want to try this one too

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sumi Go: Organic soaps are the best. =)

    @Miss `Chievous: What brand do you use? =)

    @michymichymoo: I still use J&J from time to time. Depends on my mood. Hehehe! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, This is Tj from kalamilksoap. We only use minimal percentage of hardener that is why it melts easily, That is the only way to keep it all natural.
    Im Glad you like kalamilksoap. Visit us @ Sentris Sidcor weekend market every sunday and I will give you more variants to try.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tj! Thanks for the clarification. =)

    ReplyDelete

SG | An Aerial View of Sentosa Island

Sentosa is a well-known island resort in Singapore. They're quite famous for their expensive luxury landed properties, exquisite hotel...