I've been a member of Ebay.ph since 2005, both in a buyer and seller capacity purchasing and selling anything from books to clothes to women's accesories. As a seller, I used to offer payment options through cash deposits made to my personal bank account. As a buyer, I'd personally go to a Globe center and cash in as required by the buyer. However, since becoming more aware of scammers and the huge number of bogus buyers I've been encountering in the web today, I shifted gears and decided to use Globe's Gcash service instead. At least I won't be crying buckets in case my account gets hacked (knock on wood...)
|Photo retrieved from the Globe Gcash site|
Other than than, I never tried directly using the Gcash wallet feature of my mobile phone for anything before. I'd go to to a Globe business center, wait in line and do the transaction there, whether cash in or out.
Needless to say I was always wary of using my phone for anything else except calls, texts and the occasional game playing (solitaire. Wohooo!). However with my lazy state nowadays (who said pregnant women were always given preferential treatment when waiting in line. Pfft!) and having bought a new baby book from an ebay.ph seller, I decided to use this mobile feature for the first time.
In a word, I can't believe how easy it was to make a transaction! For those who have not used this feature yet, here's a brief step-by-step guide:
1. Locate your Globe Prepaid services icon on your mobile phone.
2. Go to the Gcash option in the menu.
3. Choose the appropriate transaction (in this case Send Gcash)
4. Depending on the type of transaction, the program will prompt you to enter in the amount to be sent, verify your Gcash MPIN and even let you compose a short message (other transaction types only require you to enter your MPIN like in the case of checking for previous transactions and balance inquiries; or also include an specific amount like when purchasing Globe load.)
6. Review your transaction and press send. A text message will be sent to your mobile number to inform you of the transaction.
So convinient and no more waiting in line! Gcash transactions, depending on the type, are charged either Php1 or 2.50 and requires that you still have at least Php2.50 worth of load credits in your account.
For questions, please visit Globe's Gcash site here or call their Gcash customer service hotline at 2882.